How to make Stuffed Red Chilli Pickle
- Big Red Chilli Fresh : 2kg
- Aniseeds whole big : 200 grams
- Coriander Seeds Whole : 200 grams
- Fenugreek Seeds : 100 grams
- Mustard Seed (Small) : 100 grams
- Carom Seeds Whole : 50 grams
- Turmeric (Powder) : 50grams
- Salt 400 grams
- Red Chilli (Coarse powder) (for spicy pickle)
- Mustard Oil : 2 litres
- 5 kg glass jar or container with lid.
- An open container to mix the ingredients.
- A pan to heat the oil and roast the ingredients.
- A wooden spoon for the pan
- A serving spoon
- Gas stove or induction stove for heating the pan.
- Mixie grinder to grind the spices.
- Wash fresh red chillies thoroughly and wipe them with a clean cloth and keep in sun for 1-2 hours.
- With the trip of a knife, make an incision in the chillies on one side.
- Heat half a litres of mustard oil in a pan then cool it down.
- Roast the aniseeds, coriander and fenugreek seeds separately in a separate pan till their colour changes and coarse grind them.
- Coarse grind the mustard seeds.
- Wash a 5kg jar thoroughly wipe it dry with a cloth.
- Now make mixture of spices in the pan in the following ratio: aniseed-2 coriander-2, fenugreek seeds-1,carom seed-½ , turmeric- ½ , red chilli-1 (for a more pungent taste), Mustard-1, salt-2 or 2.5 (as per taste)
- Now add as much mustard oil to this mixture so that the spices are mixed properly.
- Fill up this mixture into the fresh red chilli with your hands.
- Oil every Chilli from outside with the hand and keep it in the glass jar.
- When this mixture finishes, continue making new mixture in same ratio & fill up all the chillies.
- Finally tie a clean cloth over the mouth of the jar and keep it in the sun for 3-4 days and keep shaking it slowly in the morning and evening so that the chillies get oiled again and again.
- After four days, the remaining mustard oil is heated first and then cooled and put in the jar in such a way that all the red chillies are immersed in the oil.
- Now keep the lid on the jar. Now this pickle can be used for years.
- There should not be any water content in any of the ingredients otherwise, pickle can get spoiled.
- Wash and wipe hands and all items before use.
- Use good quality spices and mustard oil.
- Shake the pickle jar from time to time.
This stuffed Red Chilli pickle is prepared traditionally in India and is very famous. This pickle also has health benefits as follows:-
- It gives a lot of Vitamin A,B,C,K and minerals like copper & iron etc.
- Helps to reduce weight.
- Declogs the respiratory tract during cold.
- Provide a lot of anti-oxidants and helps in building immunity against diseases.
- Good for heart and helps to maintain Blood pressure.
- Helps to relieve pain in any part of the body.
- Suitable for Diabetics as it helps in control of blood suga